Aden Bike Challenge (ABC)
Sunday 2nd June 2013
Due to the extreme snowy weather in March the Aden Bike Challenge has now been rescheduled to Sunday 2nd June 2013.
In it's second year Aden Country Park is to host Buchan’s family favourite bike ride, the Aden Bike Challenge (ABC). The 10 mile cycling event starts from the Community Centre in Peterhead, travels along the scenic Formartine & Buchan Way, and finishes in Aden Country Park in Mintlaw.
The event is being organised as part of the Buchan Feeling Good Festival, and local families, schools, and businesses alike are all being encouraged to get on their bikes this spring to take part in the family friendly bike ride being held on Mother's Day, Sunday 10th March 2013.
With glorious sunshine and over 200 people taking part, the 2012 Aden Bike Challenge event was one to remember, but 2013 promises to be even better!
As well as receiving a medal, goody bag and the satisfaction of completing the 10 mile bike ride, the Aden Bike Challenge event offers a celebratory atmosphere where there will be a wide range of activities, facilities and entertainment available, including an amazing bike road show, circus skills, Mother’s Day country fair, rural life heritage fair, stalls, music, performance, and access to the award winning Aberdeenshire Farming Museum, café and Aden craft & gift shop.
All monies raised from the Aden Bike Challenge (ABC) will go directly to Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS), a Scottish health charity providing vital advice, care and support for people living with the effects of chest, heart and stroke illness. The money will also directly support vital CHSS services for the community across the North East of Scotland region.
In addition all entrants will be sent information about an optional sponsorship form for CHSS – raising sponsorship is optional but you can really, really help people in need in our communities by raising funds for CHSS.
So whether you are taking part in the Aden Bike Challenge, waiting for your loved one to make it over the finish line, or fancy an enjoyable day out on Mother’s Day, why delay, sign up, and get on your bike today!
For a Registration Form please download the Registration Form attachment here. Alternatively register online at: https://chssi.org.uk/aden. Please note, online registration closes on Wednesday 29th May.
Aden Bike Challenege Event Information - What is it?
• A 10 mile bike ride along the scenic Formartine & Buchan Way starting from Peterhead Community Centre and finishing at Aden Country Park in Mintlaw. The F&B Way is a disused former railway line which has been converted into a purpose built off-road trail and is a wonderfully maintained route for everyone to enjoy
• The event is organised by a partnership of Aberdeenshire Council, Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland, Buchan Development Partnership, NHS Grampian, Aberdeenshire Community Planning Partnership and Getabout
• The event cycle route will be well signed and marshalled, will a water station at Longside (approx half way) as well as the start and finish. Toilet facilities are also available at the start, Willowbank and the finish line. The bike ride is mostly off-road on good surfaces and is relatively flat too! All road crossings will be well marshalled and an event support team will be in place along the route to cheer you on and support you.
• The bike ride is suitable for everyone regardless of your biking experience or fitness – it is definitely not a race! Individuals, friends, families and groups are all very welcome to come along for a wonderful biking day out in bonny Buchan!
• Event registration will take place at Peterhead Community Centre, with the Start line close by (other side of car park). A (free) shuttle bus and lorry transport service will be available to ferry participants, bikes and supporters between the Start and Finish from 9.30am to 4pm
• Car parking is available in the public car park behind the Community Centre or on-street in Peterhead, or alternatively park up at Aden Country Park and take advantage of the free shuttle buses/lorries to get you to the start line.
• There will be a huge warm welcome for bikers as they arrive at Aden Country Park where there will also be a range of activities, facilities and stalls for everyone to enjoy. Every biker will receive an event memento, certificate and a goody bag for taking part!
• Registration will be open from 9.30am to 12pm at the Peterhead Community Centre.
• The event entry fee is only £6 per adult and £3 per child/young person (17 years and under). Participants aged 17 years and under require parental/guardian consent to take part and children under 14 years old must be accompanied by a suitable adult at all times on the bike ride.
• All surplus proceeds from the event will go to support the vital services provided by Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland to the community in the North East of Scotland.
Online registration will close on Wednesday 29th May however you can still enter by either calling 0300 1212 888 or by entered on the day at the Peterhead Community Centre. See details below.
Times: Registration will be open on Sunday 2nd June from 9.30am to 12pm at the Peterhead Community Centre
Suitable for: All ages welcomed
Meeting point: Peterhead Community Centre (However if you plan to leave your car at Aden a bus service will be available to transport you to the start line at the Peterhead Community Centre)
Booking required: Online Registration: https://chssi.org.uk/aden or on the day (advance registration is preferable)
Charge: Entry is: £6 per adult and £3 per child/young person (17 years and under)